Sunday, August 24, 2008

Understand Quranic Arabic

About a year ago I had this urge to learn Arabic for the benefit that I will be able to speak and understand the Quran when I read it. I started to Google various keywords and at last I found this really useful website “ http://www.understandquran.com/u/default.asp” . Its main aim is not for you to be able to speak but for you to be able to understand what you read in your prayers and to understand the Quran when you read it. 

Start with the short English courses and you will find it really easy to understand and follow what is being taught. I would pay for this course if I had to, but Alhamdulillah both the directors have gone through this much trouble preparing and everything is given for free for you to download like the videos, power point slides, work book, notes, text book and a test at the end of each week just for you to assess your understanding on the lesson. 

I hope you will benefit as much as I did. Do give it a try and tell me what you think. 


1 comment:

Irmaz Anayid said...

salam kak maya...
thanks ye sbb kongsi ttg link 'understand quranic arabic'...
it's so amazing when i know the meaning of every verses in Al-Quran..
Even though,i've to read the meaning repeatedly..bcoz it's quite tough ya to understand and relate with everything that i knew generally..
Sy mmg impressed dgn "Allahs Quran-Word by Word Quran"...
Cara untuk kita mengetahui maksud dlm stiap ayat mmg best...
tak membosankn...
dan the recitor voice mmbuatkan hati sy tenang bila dgr smbil memahami maksudnye...
Subhanallah...
Berkat bulan Ramadhan...
Harap2 Allah terus mmbantu saya untuk terus istiqamah dlm memahami kalamNya...

(p/s: hehehe..n u know what? sy dpt pahamkn maksud satu surah which is Surah Al-Imran just in one night..Alhamdulillah)